"United we bargain, divided we beg."

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Meet the Herd



Clio (pregnant first freshener) with her mom Bitsy. 





Buck of many names. In keeping with our tradition of using weather or atmospheric or space related names for our bucks, we named him Jupiter. But the the girls started calling him Juniper instead. And then, just recently, I talked to one of his former owners and they said his name was Hunter. Homero likes that name and so now we all call him something different. He cares not a whit. 



Christmas (pregnant) is my oldest goat at about 7 or 8. She’s also my biggest goat except for the buck and a great milker. 
Behind her is this years only surviving baby (coyotes got the others), Luna. 



Sweetpea, Luna’s mom. Great little goat and very friendly because she was a bottle baby. 



Closeup of Luna. I love her unusual coloring, but experienced goat people tell me the brown will fade to white or cream. 


0 comments: