"United we bargain, divided we beg."

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This Is What Poor Pasture Management Leads To....



I was trying to turn over a bit of the compost pile today - something I had no business trying to do, in light of my three fractured vertebrae - and I tripped and sat down rather heavily. No harm done, except that I sat down in a patch of burdock. Three thousand burrs immediately leaped off the plant and into my hair. It was a case of insta-dread.


One hour and one bottle of conditioner later, no harm done. But still and all, it wasn't very pleasant. Just one more reason for vigilance against the weeds. Just one... small... reason.


3 comments:

Denise said...

At least you could get them out...but sitting on them ouch!

The Idiot said...

You know what you need? A hat!

Job done!

Jennifer said...

I am losing a battle against white snakeroot right now. It is taking over the woods and from what I have read the best way to deal with them is to pull them up. The goats won't eat them and we certainly DON'T want them too since they can be toxic. A couple years ago we had a goat get sick fro pokeweed. The absolute worst though was when we had a llama and he decided to lay down or roll in a patch of those things! He was covered in them and the only thing we could do was shear him. At least you didn't have to shear your head! LOL