Things which are broken and need to be fixed:
Sunday, February 8, 2009
1) The chicken roost. The chickens have no place to roost now so they roost in the nest boxes and the eggs are all poopy.
2) The water-line for the animals. I don't know if it cracked in the deep freeze or what, but it's dripping all the time and wasting a bundle of water. (a bundle?)
3) The hose attached to said water line. It is definitely cracked, can't be used, so I have to haul buckets and my back is KILLING me.
4) The rototiller. It needs to be returned to the people who gave it to us to fix, lo these 24 months ago or so. I'd like to use it ourselves, after it fixed and before it gets returned, if that is ethically sound. Don't think I'd put in much of a garden this year if I had to do it all with a shovel.
5) Fix the gate which is hanging off it's hinges.
Work to be done after things get fixed:
1) Break ground for a decent garden, say 25 x 50.
2) buy seeds and start them in the sunroom, the ones that can be started now.
3) figure out how to keep the chickens out of the hayloft (ha!)
3) pick up all the trash and crap around the place, scrub the feed buckets, go to the dump, trim the pony's hooves, trim the goat's hooves, prune the pear tree......
I think I'll go to bed.